Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree

I just got back from picking out my first ever live Christmas tree! I've always wanted a live one but we had our artificial that we use every year. I think my parents were sick of hearing me complain about how much I hate colored lights, (& that's what happens to be on our tree) so they gave in & we got a real one. It's so fun to pick out a tree & I think every one I saw I liked, but we finally settled on one that is perfect. It also happened to have a tag with little Texas pictures on it, so I am assuming that's where it's from, so it really couldn't be more perfect.

We're also decorating our tree differently this year. Normally we just use all of the ornaments that we've collected throughout the years & along with the colored lights it just looks like Santa threw up on our tree & left us with this big old Christmas mess. I still love it though because our trees always have character. This year, however we decided to go a new route. Since I've traveled a lot & so have my parents, we decided to get ornaments from all the places we went & this year we are going to have a "travel tree". I contributed a Vegas, Hawaii & Miami. Since obviously there wouldn't be enough to fill a whole tree, we're also putting snowflakes & stuff like that on it & will of course have white lights. I can't wait to listen to Christmas music & decorate it. As if I don't listen to enough Christmas music during the month of December. Speaking of, "Oh Christmas Tree/Oh Tannenbaum" just came on my iTunes! It's like it knew I was blogging about it right now or something. Bizarre.

But speaking of Christmas trees, Samantha & I decided to go to the tree lighting at Rockefeller Center last night. Let me tell you, what a nightmare! All I wanted to do was see Beyonce, I didn't even really care about the tree so much & we didn't even get close to either. Of course she was on a rooftop so I don't think I'd have gotten close anyway. Instead of standing in the cold unable to see anything, we just ended up at a bar watching it on TV. Strange that we would end up at a bar, I know. We ordered some sort of "Christmasy" drink, which was just a big sweet disgusting mess of a martini, but I still drank mine & half of Sam's anyway. When I saw Jaime Foxx come out on TV, I was so sad because I love him so much & I was so close to him yet so far away. I was really hoping him & Beyonce would forgo the Christmas music & just break out into Dreamgirls but I can't always get what I want. Maybe if I told them it was my birthday they would reconsider? We ended up waiting around though & saw the tree after the sea of people dissipated but not even a close up, so I'll have to go again at some point. If I ever decide to go to the lighting again, I know now to get there in the morning if I want a good spot. Probably will never happen but it's good to know.

No comments: