Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Maybe This Year Will Be Better Then The Last...

I am normally in high spirits around the holidays but New Years always brings me down. First there is the stress of planning something. Everyone always hypes up New Years so if it's not the best night ever, it's basically a disappointment. We always have a controversy of what to do every year & ringing in 2009 was no different. 

I in no way, shape or form wanted to go into the city. I hate the crowds on a normal December day around there & it's at least 100 times worse on that particular day of the year. I also have to work the next day so I didn't want to make the trek to Atlantic City. I wanted to get dressed up & go somewhere, but I didn't know where. I dreamed of one of those perfect When Harry Met Sally type of New Years Eves but there was no such thing available to me. We settled on Arirang, which should be a good time. Delicious food, open bar & a dance floor...all I need to have a good time. Not to mention it's on the Island so it's very easily accessible.

Every year at midnight, I always get a little twinge of sadness. I don't know if it's the fact that I do not have someone to kiss when that ball goes down or what. It could be the fear of another year passing, which means another year older. Perhaps it's even the nostalgia for years past. I don't know but it's the same feeling every year. It is always a happy time though, too. To quote the Cunning Carla, (not Long Limbs Lenore) "Don't you just love New Years? You can start all over." I have an easy resolution this year & that is to get a job. If I don't accomplish that in a year, I should probably just give up & find a dying billionaire to marry, so I'll be set for life. Maybe that should be my resolution instead. Hmm. Well, I won't rule it out. Happy 2009 everybody!

No comments: