Friday, December 12, 2008

Don't Hate the Player...

I have recently come to the conclusion that I have no game. Maybe I used to but definitely not anymore. I don't really know what happened to me. I used to have the ability to get any guy I wanted & this is not me bragging, this is simply the truth. Now that I am no longer in a college environment & am in the real world, I do not know proper etiquette. I also have extremely bad taste in men.

There once was a boy at Marist who none of us hooked up with but we all loved him in a brotherly-like way. One day while he was eating lunch with us, he was telling us what would be his perfect girl. He described me to a T, right down to the sweatpants. I recently discovered that this boy has since been arrested several times & is on crack. What does that say about me, that I am a crack head's dream girl?

In college, I never really worried about how often I talked to a guy or when we would see each other, etc. I would usually bump into the guy on campus & would definitely see him out at the bar several times throughout the week. Always drunk & always sloppy drunk make-outs. Walk of shame the next morning. That was my life. We never went out on dates because why would we?

Now in my post-college life, sloppy drunk make-outs are few & far between. In order to see the boy, we now need to be in contact with each other & make plans. This is where I have no game. I don't know how often is too often to talk or not often enough. Nor do I know if it's okay for me to contact him & when. I don't want to ruin anything but I have no experience in this area of life. I do not know how to have game in a post-college world!

No comments: