Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fantasy Psychic (Reprise)

I wrote a post a couple of months back declaring myself as a Fantasy Baseball Psychic. I would like to re-instate this title once again. I loved Xavier Nady on my fantasy team, then he was a Yankee. I picked up Pudge & the next day, he was a Yankee (although not a very productive one).  In addition to these players, I also had CC & AJ Burnett as my top 2 pitchers. If not for these 2, I would not have won my league because in the last week of the fantasy season, they had combined over 30 strikeouts. I beat my opponent by a score of 6-4 because I won strikeouts in the last week.
Today the press conference took place announcing the 2 of them as Yankees & I am more excited then ever to have them on my real team. They both seem to have the right mentality to play for the Yankees & I feel like they are going to be a great fit. Even though neither of them have pitched on as big of a stage as NY, they have each stepped up to the plate when it was most important. AJ always pitches phenomenal against both the Yankees & Red Sox because those were the teams to beat in the AL East. Let's hope he keeps up the good work against Boston. CC basically single-handedly took Milwaukee to the play-offs last year. He was a big game pitcher for them when it mattered most. He is also a great presence in the clubhouse & seems like he will be a great teammate. I think Joba can learn a lot from him. AJ is oft injured but had a great season last year. I appreciated his answer when he said that he has learned how to take care of his body now & doesn't foresee injuries as a big problem anymore. Perhaps he should adopt Alex's workout regimen. All-in-all I am very excited about the acquisition of both of these players. I was a little skeptical at first but I really think they will be a good fit & I look forward to the 2009 season!

And in a side note...Manny Ramirez was not on my fantasy team & I do not want him on my regular team. I do not care how good of a hitter he is, he is not a Yankee. You saw what he did to the Red Sox. He's trouble. He will disrupt the team & cause more problems then he's worth. If he is acquired, I will never acknowledge him as a Yankee.

No comments: