Monday, August 4, 2008

Fantasy Psychic

OK so I was just going to write about my love for special dates & times & the upcoming 08/08/08 but that was kind of boring. I'm watching the Yankee game & Xavier Nady just hit a homerun to tie it. I have had Nady on my fantasy team all year & I'm so glad my real team saw what I saw, especially after his 6 RBIs yesterday.

Now I have a bit of a 6th sense when it comes to fantasy baseball & the Yankees. As I just mentioned, I had Nady & then that's who the Yankees traded for. During Spring Training I remember playing a game against the Pirates & I noticed Damaso Marte as he was pitching. Michael Kay had nothing but excellent things to say about him so I put him on my "Watch List". I didn't pick him up because he was only a relief pitcher & not a closer so he wasn't all that valuable in the fantasy world. I did however keep up with everything he was doing throughout the season. Who also came to the Yankees in the same trade that brought over Nady? You guessed it...Damaso Marte.

Now this all doesn't seem so unusual until my next move. I had Jorge on my fantasy team but when he went down I needed another catcher in addition to Joe Mauer. Since catchers don't play every single day it's a good idea to carry 2 of them. Looking through the available players, I stumbled upon Pudge Rodriguez who I couldn't understand why he was a free agent & Jose Molina was not. Molina is a great defensive catcher but as a hitter, why would you have him on your fantasy team? But so anyway, I grabbed Pudge & thought this was an excellent pick up. I guess the Yankees had similar thoughts because literally the next day, he was a Yankee. I'm going into broadcasting but if the Yankees need any help in the front office, I could probably be of some use. It's like I have ESPN or something.

No comments: