Monday, July 28, 2008

Single & Loving It

I'm so sick & tired of everyone asking about my love life. I just went out to lunch with Meghan today & saw her family & since they are my other family I had every single one of them asking about any new men in my life. This is all well & good, I'm used to it but then they started going on & on about finding a guy for me. I would like to say this for all the world to hear...I DO NOT NEED A MAN TO MAKE ME HAPPY!

I am perfectly happy living my life the way I currently am. I go out often & always meet new people & I can do whatever I want & not need to worry about anyone's feelings. In addition to this, I have no intention of settling down in one place in the near future so it would only be more of a pain in my ass to find a boyfriend because then I'd feel bad about leaving. I hate when people try to set me up with friends too because then I feel an obligation to like them & this just makes me uncomfortable.

Yes, it is very nice to have someone in your life who you like & likes you back but this is not the be all & end all. It is not, nor has it ever been, solely what I base my happiness on. I have enough things to worry about at this point in my life so finding a boyfriend is not at the top of my priorities. I'm not saying this to make myself sound like a martyr. I love guys. I have a ton of male friends & I probably get along better with guys then I do with girls. I flirt, hook up & just have fun. I'm not lonely...I'm just single & loving every minute of it!

No comments: