Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Amy's Workout Plan

I'm turning into a whole new woman! Well, maybe not really but I'd say I'm improving my life one day at a time. I'm working out, eating right & joining a book club!

I've been meaning to start working out more & I definitely have been doing so more since I've been home than I ever did in Miami. Perhaps this has to do with the amount of food my mother forces down my throat (this is a lie but she does offer me far too much to eat). I can't turn down food so this has definitely been adding up. I never really had motivation to work out or lose weight until now...Angela is having a big pool party next month. Since I need to be in my bikini in front of a lot of people, I decided it's time.

For those of you that know me, the words "work" & "out" are rarely in the same sentence in my vocabulary, unless of course I'm singing along to Kanye. I work out in my house but this is fine for me: "Ten Minute Pilates" all the way. I've also been doing several ab routines that I got from Cosmo (Jessica Biel does them so it must be good). I hate running but I'm going to do that too. Today, for example I ran an entire 0.5 miles! Impressive, I know. I'm out of shape so I need to build up to more but that's fine for now. As for this eating right, maybe it's still not perfect but it's better than my Marist days.

The book club is a mental workout. I don't really read books & the only ones I've been wanting to read are written by Chelsea Handler (not exactly intellectual). We're going to read big girl books, the ones I've never had any desire to read but hey, why not? I'm expanding my horizons & maybe I can find a nice, smart gentleman in the book store in the meantime.

No comments: