Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sex & My City

This is the portion of my blog that I will refer to as Amy Aubrey, Film Critic.  Tonight I saw "Sex & the City" & after all the hype & excitement that I was feeling towards its release, I must say it did not disappoint.  We bought our tickets 2 days ago because there was no way that neither Samantha nor I could wait much longer to see it.  We had even planned to go get Cosmos after but we went straight from the baseball game & our clothes were not suitable for such fine drinks.  (In regards to the baseball game BTW I am just so in love with our team & I cannot wait for Omaha.)

But as for the movie & the reason for my blogging, I only have 3 negative things to say about it.  First is that I basically had Vitamin Water thrown in my face & the product placement for that was just a bit much.  Second is that there is no way in hell there would not be any cars on 5th Avenue in the middle of the afternoon in front of the library.  Big would not be able to have the car go down that street in the opposite direction, it's just a physical impossibility.  The 3rd thing is that Jennifer Hudson did not sing.  Yes I know this would not have fit in anywhere but I love her & I always want her to sing & that was just a personal opinion.

Other then that, I was very happy with the movie.  I was worried it would ruin it for me but it really did not at all.  I thought the characters remained true to form & they all ended up the way they should have.  I'm not going to say anything specific about it because I don't want to ruin it for those reading this who have yet to see it.  I did laugh a lot & cried probably more then the average person should have.  The movie made me miss my city like none other.  After watching it I cannot wait to come home & have sex in the city.  OK so the whole sex doesn't happen all that often for me in the city but the city by itself is just fine with me.

No comments: