Thursday, June 5, 2008

Miami Baseball

OK so this definitely calls for a post. Miami Baseball, I LOVE YOU! As if being the number 1 team in the country wasn't enough, several of the players will now be future Major League stars (well hopefully). I love this team. I feel bad if I miss even one game because it's always exciting & who am I to have something better to do then go to a baseball game? We always win so it's almost guaranteed to make me happy.
Today was the draft & it only added to my happiness. My favorite player on the team is Yonder Alonso, who also happens to be the same boy that I did a story on, who gave me a very prized possession & worked out with Alex in the off-season. He was the #7 pick over-all & will be playing alongside Griffey on the Reds in no time. Jemile Weeks, who has the best walk-up song of anyone was the #12 overall pick. Our closer Carlos Gutierrez (who I have also interviewed) was the final Hurricane picked in the 1st round. How crazy is that!? Three of the players on my team were drafted in the first round. My God we are amazing!
Let's not forget the 3 others who have also been drafted already.   I'm sure there will also be others.   Pretty much anyone who is draft eligible deserves to be drafted because this is such a talented group of guys.  The only thing I'm disappointed about is that the Yankees weren't smart enough to get any of them.  If we don't win the College World Series this year I'm going to be seriously upset because nobody deserves it more.  There is no other team that even comes close.  We lost 1 series this entire year, that's it!  ONE!  And it was the last series of the season against the #2 team in the country.   We lost 8 games all season.  That's compared to 50 wins. Come on, that's just ridiculous.  Yonder, Jemile & Chris Hernandez were all 1st-team All-Americans.   Hernandez is only a freshman!   So even though they may be losing a lot of their most talented, they will still be a contender again next year because the rest of the lineup is nothing to ignore.  Trust me, I know these things.

No comments: