Friday, May 16, 2008

Graduation

I was just looking at away messages and got very sad.  I realized that tomorrow is the Marist graduation & I just thought about this time last year.  This is when we were all packing up & getting ready to leave.  Luckily the girls at 193 Union were still there so I didn't have to go, I stayed there. One night there & then I had a surprise outdoors date the next day with Bill.  Of course I had expected a picnic so I dressed for that occasion only to be surprised by a fishing trip. It didn't matter it was still easily one of the best days ever, only to be followed by the most depressing car ride of my life.
I miss Marist & everyone & everything that went along with it.  I miss the girls & all our insanity (although by talking to at least one of them every day makes life a little more bearable).  I miss those boys on Poplar & those boys on Spruce.  I miss Foxhole & Rennies & dancing at Hatter.  I really miss Toucans & drink-ups & walking over to Darby's.  I miss Red Fox Wraps & Garden Pizzas & Foxhole Pizza.  I miss Marist basketball games.  I miss R4 & bbqs & fun neighbors.  I miss beer pong on closet doors.  I don't miss Jager Bombs because I still do them & everyone knows this.  Every time I do one & finish before everyone, I can almost close my eyes and be taking it in Po-town.
I'm leaving Miami in a little over a month & I'm sure this time next year I'll be thinking about this graduation & how much I miss Sandbar & tailgates & baseball games.  I'm sure there will be times when I'll say that I wish I was in Miami, just as I say now that I wish I was at Marist.
People thought I was crazy when I said I never wanted to graduate but none of those people were ever Red Foxes (& probably not Hurricanes either) & none of them ever will be.  I do want to be done with Miami because the work is hard but I'm sure the plane ride home will be just as depressing as that car ride that I took one year ago.

No comments: