Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Mama

Since history was made last night I thought I would write a little bit about it. Barack Obama was elected the first African American President of the United States! I am so excited about this, I really am. I love Barack (or Barry as his mom referred to him). There are just so many things to be excited about with him winning.

I was talking to Sarah last night & she was just as happy as I, if not more. She said something very interesting, which was "soon no racism...soon." I think in a perfect world that is how it would be but I think there will still be those people out there. For example, going to vote yesterday, a black woman walked out & my mom said, "Oh there's a vote for Obama." I yelled at her because although he did get the majority of the black vote, she should not stereotype people. Stereotyping is just as bad as racism. I think we have come a long way and our generation has come to look beyond the color of people's skin. One of the thoughts in my head last night was that if we have a black president, maybe my parents can accept my black boyfriend (not that I currently have a black boyfriend but there's a good chance I might in the future).

I think that Obama will be a great president. I like the things he has to say & I think that he can achieve these goals. Obviously he can do anything he sets his mind to, so if he wants to change the world, he will. What he says makes me believe in him & what he can do. This country needs a change & I am so happy that we have finally gotten that.

No comments: