Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Girl Who Cried Love

I was on the bus today on the way home from the city thinking about my night & how it went & whatnot & started laughing. I came to the conclusion that I throw words around too easily, in particular the words love & boyfriend. Every time I meet a boy who I find remotely attractive, he is automatically referred to as my boyfriend for the rest of the night, if not longer. Whether I know his real name or not doesn't really matter. If I actually like this boy, we are in love without even a first date. The phrase "Oh my God, I love him" is far too over-used in my daily life.

In reality, I have never been able to use the word boyfriend in the literal sense, just the way that I use it. I think I confuse people sometimes because I refer to boys as my boyfriend & they think I actually do have a boyfriend. It made me laugh thinking about that because everyone hears me say this all the time. When the time comes that I do actually have a boyfriend & I refer to him as such, nobody will believe me! Nor will they believe me when I say that we are in love because according to me, I fall in love basically every day. They will just brush it off thinking I'm just saying that again. I am the boy who cried wolf, except I am the girl that cried love!

Just as contacts in my phone have to have a description, so do my boyfriends. Right now, I have an estimated 24,593,948 boyfriends (& my mother worries I'll never find a man HA!). When the time comes that that number dwindles down to 1, I don't know what I will do. Will I still refer to Evan Longoria as my boyfriend or will my real life boyfriend get mad at my free usage of this word? Will me & the attractive man I made eye contact with on the street still be able to be in love when this "boyfriend" comes along? I think I need to add that to the list of qualities in my 1 & only. He must accept me for who I am & what comes out of my mouth, whether it be "boyfriend," "love," or vomit.

No comments: