Monday, June 30, 2008

The M-I-Ayo So Hot

I'm on the plane heading home, leaving Miami for good (or at least until alumni weekend). I'm so sad to be leaving because this has been such a fun year. I can't imagine my life without the Grove on Thursday nights. Nor can I imagine it without those little chipmunks. I'm going to miss palm trees and nice weather and all that stuff that goes with it, like a year round tan from the sun as opposed to the tanning salon. Despite all this, I am very excited to go home because I think this is going to actually be a really great summer. I know I say that every year but I really think this time is for real.

AB is living on Staten Island so I'm quite sure she & I will be spending most every waking moment together. We're already making plans for going to SI Yankee games & by this I obviously mean stalking them to find out where they go after the game. I love baseball boys, what can I say? Sam is also in the city so that will be more incentive for me to go there, especially since I won't have to wait around for the 4:30 ferry & not get home until 6 in the morning. That will be lovely. Lauren has a beach house in Belmar so that'll be another fun thing to do on weekends. Katy is in Brooklyn so that'll be just one more of my best friends to hang out with. So many people have been saying they will be in the city too so it should be an endless pit of fun. Timmy Tommy is there this week so it'll already be a little Miami reunion in NYC.

I'll be interning three days a week & at Holly Hill for two, so that'll give me some money in my pocket & a couple days off a week. I think at my internship I might even be able to work at Yankee games. Fingers crossed!

Summer plans for me? Get back in shape. I plan to go running/walking with Maggie at least once a week on the boardwalk. And I will work out more because I actually have incentive now. I'm considering taking a dance class too. Things to look forward to in July? Sarah's & Lizzie's graduation parties, Bill coming home & of course one of my top 10 favorite days of the year...the All-Star Game! Anyone reading this with any pull getting tickets I'd be willing to give you my first born. I'm trying to head out to the West Coast in September so hopefully that'll work out.  A two week vacation sounds fantastic to me: a week in Cali & a week in Hawaii. Then in October is Marist's Alumni Weekend first and then Miami Alumni weekend & since I am an alum of both, I obviously will be attending. That'll be the first A-Team reunion to take place. So let the countdown begin.

No comments: