Sunday, June 22, 2008

Here's to the A-Team


I was just heading to bed when I happened to see Natalie's heartfelt away message & it inspired me to blog. I'll probably be crying while typing this one up but that's okay. Now, I'm not one of those people that expresses their emotions very well but I think in this case it's something so necessary.
I came out to Miami not knowing a single person. I met Katy within the first 10 minutes of moving in at Marist, so I thought there was no way it'd be that easy again. I was proved so incredibly wrong. Walking in late to the first day of orientation, I sat down in a room full of strangers. There weren't many people in my program so I'd be really lucky to find even one person to hang out with. Turns out the girl to my right and the one directly behind me would become two people that I can no longer imagine my life without. The D-1 athlete, the girl from L.A. & the girl from Staten Island very quickly became better known as the A-Team.
How that name came about I still don't quite know but what I do know is that fate was what brought us together. Even though I made an early exit on our first night out, I had no doubt there would be plenty of chances to make more memories with them. That was the first of many, many Sandbar nights & where all of the absurdity began. Football games & tailgates only brought the 3 of us sports junkies closer. No words can describe the insanity that ensued there. We have now evolved into the coolest people on campus & you can ask anybody because everyone knows it's true.
We have leaned on each other throughout all that has happened over this past year. I would never have been able to get through it without them, this I know for sure. Who would have thought the amount of jokes, laughs, tears and memories that could have accumulated in this short time. I find it unbelievable I have only known these girls since August, since clearly they have expanded my bridal party even further. As we each get ready to go our separate ways, I'm not worried. Yes, I'm going to miss them probably every day but friends like these are forever. "Side by side or miles apart, best friends stay close to the heart." I love you, you cunts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing. i love you. i got chills reading this. lets just all fail so we can stay!...that is what my excuse will be. im in tears, one year-- one amazing, incredible year. i think we proved alot to ourselves. i am going to miss you so much, ughhh. i can't do this, i am a mess right now... i love you