Monday, June 16, 2008

BALLIN'!


I have re-discovered the greatest game in the world...KICKBALL! Several of my friends were on the team in the spring & it sounded so fun so when we were asked to substitute 1 game we did & we couldn't shut up about how much we loved it. Not only do you play a game of kickball, you also go to the bar that sponsors it after & get drink specials & play flip cup. What an amazing idea someone had with this W.A.K.A. league.

Now, we are on the summer league team & I am a co-captain (although because we are leaving in less then 2 weeks, we don't get to enjoy the whole season). Friday was our first game & our team is so good...totally winning the kickball championship. Go Team That's What She Said! Not only did we dominate on the field, we also continued our domination at the bar. We first played against the team we beat in kickball & obviously beat them again. Then we were challenged by the trash talking blue team who thought they were God's gift to flip cup. Well, they were certainly no match for the orange team. I think the sore-loser boy that was across from me was even about to cry after we embarrassed them like that. Did I mention that they put their best 5 players against the only 5 of us that were there?  Oh no? Well yes, that's true too. Now, I don't like to toot my own horn but uh, BEEP BEEP.

I think the best part of this whole league is that you go to the bar in your shorts, t-shirt & sneakers. You wear no makeup & you look disgusting, but so does everyone else so it doesn't matter. It's great! The dance moves that we came up with were unlike any you have ever seen, just because you feel so free in your sneakers. Next week is college night so since it's our last A-Team kickball game, we're going ALL OUT. I wish there was a W.A.K.A. league on Staten Island because I want to play more then just 3 games!

No comments: