Sunday, January 18, 2009

Self-Diagnosing Guru

I've always hated the cold weather. Hate really isn't a strong enough word, actually. In recent years, this hatred has gotten to be so much more. I came across an article the other day & it was about Seasonal Affective Disorder & reading it was like a checklist for me. I have self-diagnosed myself with this. You may have S.A.D. if you:
Feel sad, grumpy, moody, or anxious.
Lose interest in your usual activities.
Eat more and crave carbohydrates, such as bread and pasta.
Gain weight.
Sleep more and feel drowsy during the daytime.
I mean really it makes perfect sense. A rut is defined as "a fixed, usually boring routine." I have been going through exactly that lately. It's the same feeling I had about life right before I moved to Miami. I avoid getting out of bed when I can help it. All I keep thinking is that I just need to be in a bikini & lay on the beach in the warm sun. If it were up to me, I'd wear my bikini & nothing but all day every day. It brings me to my happy place. I'd gladly come face to face with that shark again as long as it meant I was someplace tropical. Well, maybe not but pretty damn close. When I came home from the Bahamas senior year of college, it snowed the next day & I had to shovel the sidewalk. I literally cried throughout the whole thing. No, seriously. At the time, I thought I just missed the Bahamas but I think it was more then that. I refuse to shovel snow now. I did a half-ass job of it the other day but why bother because it just snowed again! F that. If the mailman slips on the ice, oops my bad.

In a side note, let me just say that I had the opportunity to hook up with someone who is now on the Arizona Cardinals & I turned him down. The further they got along in the playoffs, the worse I felt about this. Now that they're in the Superbowl you can be sure that I certainly regret that decision! Talk about kicking a girl when she's down.

No comments: