Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Little Glance Into My Subconscious

I generally have some pretty weird dreams but last night was definitely up there with the most bizarre of all time. It started off outside of my grammar school church of St. Charles. Two of the priests, Msgr. Kelly & Msgr. Gaffney (who both died many years ago) walked by & everyone was supposed to walk with them to get into church. I was eating a candy cane so they wouldn't let me in. I had to sneak in the side & my whole family was there, including my grandmother, who also died many years ago. We also weren't at church, it was the Olympics. My "cousin" Dean was going for the gold medal in doubles for tennis & we were all there to watch. My uncle asked my other cousin Lindsay to get him coffee & she wanted to get something to eat so I went with her to the candy cart outside. Natalie was sitting in her car, so I went with her & then I woke up.

I have one of those dream books & although I think the interpretation of dreams is a load of crap, I decided to look some of these things up...
- To dream of seeing the dead, living & happy, signifies that you are letting wrong influences into your life, which will bring material loss if not corrected by the assumption of your own will power.
- To dream of peppermint, denotes pleasant entertainments & interesting affairs. To a young woman, this dream warns her against seductive pleasures.
- If you see your uncle in a dream, you will have news of a sad character soon.
- Dreaming of one's cousin, denotes disappointment & afflictions.
So in summary, basically everything will make me sad or disappointed. I've even been warned of seductive pleasure because I happen to have been eating a candy cane. Or perhaps I dreamt of a candy cane because I have peppermint chapstick & I happened to taste that & it popped into my dream. The rest of the things in the dream were too weird I guess, because they were not in the book. Is a church turning into an Olympic tennis court not a common dream? Whether you believe this or not, I still thought it was interesting enough to blog about & since there's no football today, I had nothing better to do.

No comments: