Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010: HERE I AM!

YAYYY! Ever since the clock struck midnight to become 2006, I have been waiting for 2010! If you haven't been a follower of "Completely Random" for long, you may not know about my OCD with numbers divisible by 5. Well I'm very excited about this year because not only does it end in a 10 but both 20 & 10 are divisible by 5. It sounds stupid but to each her own. If I think this is going to be a good year, then gosh darn it I'm going to make it a good year.

It's a little hard for it not to be a good year because there will be a brand new baby in my life within the next 10 days or so!! My sister-in-law is having a little girl who I am going to spoil until the cows come home! Therein is my first New Year's Resolution: to be the best aunt that ever walked the earth! I've never been an aunt before but I think I can live up to the task. I've never even been a babysitter before, so it may be a bit of a challenge. I'm pretty confident, though, especially after my cousin's little girl was recently over who doesn't really warm up to anybody. I stepped up to the plate & entertained her & by the end of the night, she was begging to sleep over because she liked me so much. Great confidence booster that was!

Second & Third New Year's Resolutions are physical things that I'd like to accomplish. First is moving out of my house. It's easy to stay comfy here with having dinner made for me every night & not buying groceries & not paying rent & all, but as a 24-year-old, dear old Mom & Dad are really cramping my style. The other is (as it has been since I left Miami) to find a job in my field. A real job, not just a freelancing gig somewhere that they're going to replace me with an intern. These 2 goals basically go hand-in-hand because when I find a job, I will (hopefully) be banking enough dough to be able to afford rent at a nice place. Right now, I can't afford a whole lot so I'm gonna need to work on that.

Whatever comes in 2010, I'm sure it will be more then I am bargaining for. There are always twists & turns along the way but it all works out in the end. There's no way to prepare for it all but here's to hoping for a good year! Here I am, 2010, are you ready for me?

No comments: