Thursday, January 14, 2010

Step Off, Girl

As I sit here, Kelly is in the hospital & we are awaiting the arrival of my new baby niece. I'm trying not to go crazy waiting, though so I figured I'd make a new post & vent a little. I've been seeing this guy for a bit now & we went out again last night. He came to Staten Island & we went out to this little restaurant/bar around me for a few drinks. We decided to just sit at the bar & the bartender came over to take our drink order & I noticed immediately that she was giving him "the eyes". I am aware he's a good looking guy so that's fine, I can deal with that. Then the real annoyances began.

So we are sitting there drinking & I had less left than he did but she acted as if I was invisible & got only him another drink. I had to wait around until she finally looked to his right & saw I was empty. Then she proceeds to interrupt our conversation & ask where we are from & I say "we" loosely because she obviously wasn't talking to me. She too hailed from the state of NJ so she continues talking for about a half hour & would not shut up despite his & my best efforts to ignore her. I finally had to pull a Brandy & Monica & just show this girl the boy was mine & resorted to a bit more PDA then I am generally comfortable with. After a few dirty looks thrown my way she eventually gave up. He, of course found this all hilarious but appreciated my taking control of the situation.

I get that a bartender has to be courteous to the patrons & I have no problem having full conversations while enjoying my beverage but we're on a date so get the hint & step off, ho. Obviously if a guy is out with a girl, he wants to be talking to her & not you. Find your own man, girl, this one is occupied. And are you really trying to hit on him while I'm right there? If you're going to try to be a date-stealing slut, at least wait until I go to the bathroom or something. In the words of Stephanie Tanner, "How rude!" The good news is, I must really like this boy if I'm willing to get the claws out. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: