Friday, January 22, 2010

Baby Love

The long-awaited arrival of the newest Aubrey has finally come! Kayla Alexandra Aubrey entered the world on January 14 & she is the most beautiful baby ever seen by human eyes. I'm not even just saying that because she's my niece, I'm really serious. I am totally obsessed with her & also amazed. Whenever I see her, all I can do is just stare at her & watch her like a big old creep. All she does right now is basically sleep, poop & eat. Sounds kinda like what my life consists of. We babysat for her the other day & she slept the entire time. Most people would find this boring but I did not.

It is so interesting to watch her sleeping. She is obviously dreaming but I'm so curious to know what about. They say babies cant really see when they're first born & she obviously doesn't know how to speak so she can't have thoughts like we do. Yet without being able to see clearly or knowing anything about the world, she can have thoughts in these dreams. What could possibly make her smile or frown while dreaming? It must be just shapes & colors & what we would imagine to be a trippy kind of world.

This little girl will never know our country before we had a black president. She will never know a universe when Pluto was a planet. She will never know Beyonce as the leading lady of Destiny's Child, only as the successful solo artist that's married to Jay-Z. She will never have been alive when the Mets won a World Series (& probably never will be.) A world without reality television? Not in her lifetime. She will never have known her Auntie Amy as a teenager. The end of bananas might come in her lifetime (I'm not sure if that's just a rumor.) But the end of polar bears certainly might be true. It's just so interesting to think about this baby & what will come in her future. Oh you wanted to see a picture? Well okay! If you insist.