Saturday, September 19, 2009

Shop Talk

Ok so let me get this straight. Miami beat Florida State. Florida State just beat BYU. BYU beat Oklahoma. We (Miami) will be playing Oklahoma in 2 weeks. I'm feeling much better about our chances now! I mean, yes we do have to play Virginia Tech next & they will be a challenge but I do really appreciate how good my team is this year & I've got faith! Last year when I found out we were going to be playing Oklahoma at home, I put that game in my loss column. Big time. Now, it'll be a good one. Love love love Jacory Harris & how about Jimmy Graham! Miami basketball star turned football star with the TD against GT! Way to go Fing! I don't wanna jump the gun, but I can almost smell a BCS game. Perhaps the Orange Bowl?

As for my other football team, I'm feeling good about our first game. This week though, is where we'll really see what we're made of. Nothing would make me happier then to go into that brand new multi-billion dollar stadium in Texas & beat the shit out of those Cowboys. Ya'll know how I feel about Texas & I don't like to see Texans be sad, but if it's my happiness or theirs I think you can guess where my loyalties lie. Go Giants!

As for my baseball team, I really hope they're not just resting on their laurels because I'd really like to see this American East title be locked up. I'm pretty disappointed in the Rangers because I was hoping they'd at least make the Wild Card interesting but as it looks now, it will be my enemy in the postseason. If things ended today, we'd be playing the Tigers in the division series & then either the Angels or the Red Sox in the ALCS, which I wouldn't really prefer either of those scenarios. Then I'm putting my money on either the Dodgers or Cardinals in the World Series & it's gonna be tough. But I mean, you gotta beat the best to be the best & then a parade after that hard fought fight would be very rewarding.

That's all the sports talk I got for you tonight. You stay classy, Planet Earth.

No comments: