Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Autumn Blues

So as much as I don't like working at Holly Hill every day of the summer, I still prefer the weather during this time of year over anything else I might encounter in other months. I absolutely detest anything except warmth. I do not like fall weather & I certainly do not like cold winter weather. Last winter I went into an extreme depression & am not sure I've completely recovered, but it's definitely better then it was. This fall/winter, though I have a number of things to be excited about so I really have to focus on those.

To begin with, this coming week should be pretty exciting. First up, HURRICANE FOOTBALL! As if the first game of the year wasn't exciting enough, we're playing Florida State, which is where bragging rights in the state of Florida begin. On Tuesday, there is a possibility (albeit a small one) that I will be getting Legends seats at Yankee Stadium when they play the Rays. This is no ordinary game either because not only would it be my first time at the new Yankee Stadium but I would also be uncomfortably close to my boyfriend Evan (& of course my other fellas on my team but I've already been close to them.) Then on Wednesday, I will have an un-sports-related night, but still just as exciting. It's the Berk Communications 10th Anniversary party at the 40/40 club, being hosted by Jay-Z! Since they're married, I'm also pretty sure Beyonce will be there! I'll have to brush up on my "Single Ladies" dance moves, just in case.

After this week, the excitement of fall/winter is not over.
September: The NFL season is obviously the next thing to look forward to. Now with an entire season of Osi, what more could a girl ask for?
October: Baseball undoubtedly awaits the Yankees future in this month & also (knock on wood) a parade through the Canyon of Heroes! This will come during/after Marist Alumni Weekend! R4, Red Fox Wraps & Rennies, here I come! As every year, Halloween will also be at the top of my list of excitement. I have my costume all planned out but I will not reveal it on this website because I do NOT want anyone taking it.
November: Miami Homecoming! A-Team (:( minus the hyphen), Sandbar & Hurricane football! It's coming at a time that will save my feet from the pain of real shoes & the flip flops will be back on! Obviously then comes the big 2-4 on the 2-9th. No comment on how old I'm getting.
December: Christmas
January: Baby! A new addition to my family will be joining us on or around the 10th. Clearly this is the most exciting birth in the Aubrey family since this girl was born & that was nearly a quarter-century ago! Kelly & Brian are having a girl & I can't wait to have an excuse to watch the Little Mermaid with her all the time! After trying to solidify my status as favorite relative of this sleeping, pooping doll for a week, I am off to the Dominican Republic! Just in time to turn my skin from the January vampire look to the color of Akon. OK maybe not thatt dark but I'm planning on breaking out the oil while I'm enjoying the swim-up bar at the all inclusive resort.

So no, I don't like the weather in the months from September through April but I think I have enough to look forward to to occupy me & prevent the blues from sinking in once again.

No comments: