Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What's in a Name?

So for as long as I can remember (& by this I mean freshman year of college), I have been calling people by nicknames. I'm not talking about my friends, I'm talking about random people & sometimes even complete strangers. From the beginning of time, I have compiled quite the interesting list. I have a problem remembering names & apparently so do my friends. Why would I waste the time saying somebody's name when they only ask who? Then I must say "Oh, you know (insert nickname)."

Let's start with Marist. On our floor alone there was: Rigatoni, Loafer, Jimmers, Flannel, Mattew, Hockey Mike, Hockey Jon, Couch Potato. I did not make up all of these but that's just to name a few. Then throughout our years, many more nicknames popped up. Angie Ang, Ariel, Secret Boyfriend, Number 1, Jenko Jeans Kyle & Texas Will. Then there were our lovely neighbors, Wolf mouth, Clefty & Giraffe.

First and foremost from Miami, there's Wittle, of course. Then rounding out the A-Team there was also Stripper Theo & Da Brat. The Nooj not only had a nickname but also about 20 million CGs, including International Superstar, Defibrillator Inventor, Former Fat Kid & Prince of UM. Then obviously Creepy Sam, the Cheetah, Chris Cute Boy, Condo Boy, Virginia Stop & Shop, DJ Ronnie G, the Fing, SR, Poo Parenting, TimmyTommy & my personal favorite, Big Brown.

These days, I have 1 serious boyfriend (Evan Longoria), who is always referred to as such. Other then him though, we've recently seen the Virgin, the Army Creep (even though he was in the Marines), the Dancer, my Soul Mate & someone I have also recently given the name of the Power Ranger.

Every name has a story & every story is usually pretty funny. I'm positive I'm missing many a nickname so if you remember any please don't hesitate to add it on. If you've discovered by reading this that you have been given a nickname & you are insulted by such, I am sorry. I'm not really but I'll try to lead you to believe that I am.

1 comment:

katy said...

I'm glad you didn't forget Ariel.