Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Taste of "Simply Fabulous"

So I usually leave the beauty/make-up blogging to Simply Fabulous but hey, I've been constantly surrounded by beauty products lately so why not? My mother sells Mary Kay, Jade does PR for Cargo & Alyssa does advertising for Neutrogena. So basically what I'm saying is that I wouldn't be caught dead buying face wash anytime in the near future. Now, let's talk a little bit about my favorite products.

I recently began using Cargo's Lash Activator. You may have heard the buzz about it already because when I just looked it up online, it's apparently the next big thing. I have been using it for about a week & a half. They say you don't see noticeable results until at least 2 weeks but yesterday after I got out of the shower, my mom said my eyes looked nice so I'm thinking there's gotta be some correlation. I'm not sure if I actually notice any difference myself but I'm pretty easily influenced by that placebo effect so it could be that too. Since Cargo is all-natural & eco-friendly, I'm not as worried about my eyelids turning black either, as I would be with that stuff Brooke Shields endorses. Also, I occasionally use the "Eve Pinky" lipstick created by Whitney Port for Cargo & although most people hate it because of the audacious pink color, I kind of love it.

As for Mary Kay, I have a bottomless pit of makeup constantly available to me. I don't use a ton of the makeup actually, (mainly because I don't wear a ton of makeup) but the products I certainly do use. I like the pressed powder fo sho. I use both kinds of face wash, the lotion, body wash, pimple removal & my personal favorite is the eye soothing gel, which works great after a long night out & my eyes don't wanna work the next day. And since I mentioned the other two, throwing some good PR Alyssa's way, I always have & always will swear by Neutrogena face wash.

But okay, that's about all the girly talk I can handle. Go Yankees!

No comments: