Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oh hello, Blog

Oh hey, remember me. I used to write on this blog from time to time but apparently forgot it existed. I have been living in CT & have not had much to write about because my life has been pretty boring lately. I don't really think this is the life for me, but don't tell my bosses this. I'm quite sure I have seasonal affective disorder because it's always around this time of year that I am discontent with the life I am living. I become uber depressed & don't want to participate in every day life. Last year at this time, I happened to get a call about a job offer in CT & was excited about a change of pace. Now that I have been living that life for close to a year, I am thinking it is not what I want. But then that kind of leaves open the question: what is it that I want? I don't know for sure, but this is what I've got & it's kind of conflicting...
- I want to be close to my family & friends
- I want to be in a bigger city
- I want to live in warm weather near a beach
- I do still want to work in sports but not in Bristol, CT
- I do not want to spend my Saturday nights watching Jersey Shore while drinking by myself.

I have enjoyed living by myself & I'm not sure I want a roommate but at the same time, I'd like to be more social. Looking at photos from college I was thinking about how much fun it was to live with all of those girls but I don't want to live with just anyone, I'd like to live with them once again. My work schedule doesn't exactly permit me to socialize with people during the week, only on weekends. I think it's starting to get to me that I am always by myself during the days without anything to do. I've tried working out & keeping myself busy but the only thing that seems to help is shopping & that's not a good habit because I don't have the money for such things. I wish I could get into going to the gym more because that is a very good habit but I just can't get motivated. I have yet to meet a man in Bristol worth my time & this is adding to my depression (especially since I "broke up with" my 1+ year long "relationship" to start the new year off fresh.) One thing is for sure, I am sick of all the snow & I want to be tan.

No comments: