Monday, November 23, 2009

Dog Talk

Isn't it funny how much everyone always talks about their dogs? I am certainly guilty as charged because I can talk about Maggie until the cows come home. What I find funny about this is that we all think that people really care about this or that thing that our dog did. But the truth is, does anyone really give a hoot, or in this case, a bark? (Ba dum bum)

Maggie had her very own adventure this week while my parents were away. First, she came with me to Hoboken & explored the glories of 519 with Jade & Alyssa. Then we went to a dog park where the other dog owners & myself talked about what else, our dogs. Mag wasn't having any of this, however & squeezed her little way through the gate to escape so that playtime was over. Then I brought her to Holly Hill & she also had an over night play date with her boyfriend, Charlie. I felt it was completely necessary to tell almost everyone I talked to about Maggie's week, because obviously they were dying to know all the things my dog did. I mean, let's face it, I'm even blogging about it right now.

I love dogs, though & it's often a good icebreaker when you have that in common with someone because you never run out of things to discuss. This was the case with this boy I was recently associating with. He had a golden retriever puppy that I was obsessed with. Looking back on it, I was always more excited to see the dog then I was the boy. We would always talk about our dogs & I even broke out the photos like the proud Mama I am. I can only imagine what I'm gonna be like as a mom, because if I talk about my dog this much, everyone is going to hate me when it comes to my child.

No comments: