Sunday, October 11, 2009

Marist College, WHAT HAVE YOU BECOME!?

This weekend was Marist Alumni Weekend & R4 was returning to the scene where it all started. The problem is, that scene was not what it used to be. Yes, the Red Fox Wraps are still delicious & Dandy the Lion is still driving cabs & the view is still beautiful & R4 girls are just as wild & crazy as ever but it just wasn't the same.

We began our night going out to dinner. We saw a couple of friends & discussed our plan of action for the night. Then we went back to our hotel to get ready. This part of it all did not change. I love my friends more then life & I miss them & I miss living with them so much. The alcohol was flowing a plenty & so were the jokes & reminiscing. It was just like being in college all over again & we were looking forward to a night out together. This is where the problems began.

Being Alumni Weekend, every place we wanted to go to was packed. This was expected. What was not expected was Hatter being 18 & over rather then the usual A.W. 21. It was full of freshmen & not at all what we wanted. This is not even mentioning that they were trying to charge a $20 cover! I don't care how much I missed dancing there, Hatter is never worth a $20 cover. We went to Mahoney's & knew no one. Then in the cab, you forget how many people those Pokipse cab drivers try to sneak in there. I was not pleased. We always dressed a bit on the risque side but these newbies have taken that to a whole new level. Last night was freezing & I saw 1 girl with a tube top mini-dress & that was all. Apparently this is the new trend with kids these days. We gave up after a little while & just went to the diner, where I ordered not 1 but 2 RFWs.

All-in-all it was a good weekend but the only reason for this was because I was with some of my favorite people on earth; Marist had nothing to do with it. Yes, of course it was nice to go to campus & just walk around & think about all the good times we had there but I think that will unfortunately be the last time we go back to that campus in a very long time.

No comments: