Saturday, April 25, 2009

VENTING!

OK so let me just get a few things out in the open here. #1) I love the Yankees & I hate the Red Sox (given). #2) I hate racist people. There is no quality that a person can have that is more ugly/unappealing/deal breaker more then racism. Here's a little story about my night. Amanda & I went to a bar to watch the Yankee-Red Sox game & throw back a couple beers & have a relaxing night. We were having a good time until Robinson Cano didn't hustle out a ground ball. A man wearing a Brewers jersey taps me on the back & said how much he hates Cano & that he never runs. This conversation ensued:
Amy: Yes he didn't hustle it out, I agree.
Asshole: I wish we had Pedroia.
Amy: Oh, hell no. He's a Red Sock, I don't want him, I'll take Cano any day.
Asshole: Oh come on, why don't you want him! First of all, Pedroia's white.
Amy: (with a face that looked like it could have been possessed by a devil, smoke coming out my nostrils & fire coming out of the eyes) Excuse me???
Asshole: Oh please, you mean to tell me you wouldn't rather have a white guy on your team??
Amy: I don't care what color he is. If you haven't noticed, some of the best players in baseball come out of the Dominican Republic, so I'll take Cano.

I then turned around & continued watching my game, as mad as an army of red ants when you step on their ant hill. Jason Bay then proceeded to hit a home run off of Mariano Rivera to further ruin my night. The asshole then proceeds to tap me again on the back. No, asshole I do not want to converse with you. I don't know what he said I just gave him the finger because I couldn't be bothered with his nonsense. Then he felt the need to explain to me that he is a Yankee fan, so I asked him why then was he wearing a Brewers jersey. His response? "I like the colors." I don't really think I even need to comment on that. I told him Yankee colors were also navy blue & white but he said he just didn't like the way the jersey looked on him. Apparently it only looks nice on girls. Funny, it looks pretty nice on Robinson Cano.

THEN! As if all of this wasn't bad enough, he proceeds to hit on me. I was focused intently on the game (& trying my best to ignore him so I didn't force my hand down his throat & pull out his racist tongue). He told me it was only the 1st Yankee-Sox game of the season, so why would I care so much. Um, maybe because it's the first Yankee-Sox game of the season, that's why. "I like that," he says. You like what? The fact that I hate you so much I want to gouge your eyeballs out? "What's your name, anyway?" "Lisa." "Lisa, I'm Frank." Then Kevin Youkilis made it all even worse & we lost. Well, Racist Frank, I hope you're happy in hell because God's a Yankee fan & that was clearly a sign he doesn't want you around.

No comments: