Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl Funday

No my team was not in the Superbowl this year but that couldn't get me down. Superbowl Sunday is such a wonderful holiday. Why it's not officially a national holiday I don't know. I remember hearing on the radio a while ago that the Top 3 days of the year that people in America drink are New Years Eve, St. Patricks Day & the Superbowl. I'd add my birthday to that list too but even with the amount I drink on that day, I don't think it would average out to the Top 3. Top 10, maybe.

Everyone watches the game, even if they don't like football. My mom watches it for the commercials & halftime show. But no matter what your reason for watching, you still drink an absurd amount of beer & eat too much & are hungover the next day. This much is obvious. The Monday after the Superbowl is a miserable one. We're all going through the same thing. Well not me, I'm unemployed so I can be hungover on my couch but I can still relate. Just as everyone has off for New Year's Day, they should also have off the Monday after the Superbowl. New Year's Day isn't a real holiday, we're just off to sleep off that hangover (since the Eve is the #1 drinking day/night). If you think about it, people aren't productive on that Monday anyway so what's the point of working? I don't know statistics or anything but I'd guess that a lot of people call in sick, probably more then your average Monday.

Going to work the Monday after the Superbowl is about as productive as those Friday morning classes we had in Miami. If I was a college professor, I'd cancel all my classes that day or at least morning classes. This would be not only for my own benefit but I bet you the students wouldn't complain. Who do you petition about this? Obama keeps saying it's time for change, well how about we throw this in with all the things that should change! Who's in?

As for this year's game, congratulations to the "Shitsburg Squeelers" as El Sanko would say, although she probably wouldn't congratulate them. It was a good game & I really wanted Arizona to pull it off, but just wasn't in the Cards I suppose (yes pun intended.) Good job Calais, with the tackle in the 1st Quarter (I could've been a Superbowl wife.) Jennifer Hudson was absolutely phenomenal singing the National Anthem & I love her so much. Got a little choked up actually because it was just such a wonderful rendition. The Boss was pretty good at Halftime, although I would've liked it better if Kevin Boss was playing during the game. Oh well, I sound like a Mets fan but we'll get 'em next year.

No comments: