Wednesday, April 25, 2012

TV Star Coming Through

Today was kind of an exciting day for me. As you may or may not be aware of, I work in the TV industry. It isn't exactly the easiest field to break into. In an ideal world, I'd be the sideline reporter on YES Network by now. Unfortunately this is not exactly the case. I did some freelance reporting & have been working in production for a while & have perhaps finally found my opportunity for a big break.

The good thing about living in Connecticut is that it's a much smaller market than NY. They had auditions today for the next My TV 9 Star. It's an on-air gig where I'd be a one-man band & also would make some public appearances for the station. I'd get to shoot, edit, write, do interviews, produce & do everything that my uber-expensive degree has prepared me for! It's definitely something I'm qualified for & I think it would be such a great opportunity. I also gave them my blog info so hopefully they go on here & read this & see how much I really want it! Vote for me, folks!

I'm not sure of the exact date we find out if we made it to the next round but it should be within the week. Top 9 then compete in various tasks to see who would be the best fit. So keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments: