Monday, September 1, 2008

"I don't highlight my hair, I've still got a pair..."

So I know I've been a super slouch with this blog lately but life's just been so blase lately. Well anyway, tonight I heard a conversation that got me thinking & this was the gist of it...

"Well ugly girls get boyfriends easier then pretty girls do."
"That's because pretty girls are picky & don't put up with as much bullshit as ugly girls."

It was said in such a way that made it seem like this was obvious to everyone. Certainly was not obvious to me but it made sense. I have of course experienced this phenomenon first hand. A girl who was both ugly & fat swooped in on a former flame of mine. What did she have that I didn't have (aside from an extra hundred pounds or so)? The answer to this is that she gave him free use of her brand new Acura, all her leftovers, cooked for him, cleaned, bought him everything & even got him an embroidered blanket. Putting up with more bullshit then me is an understatement.

Now this is by no means me saying that my friends who have boyfriends are ugly. Perhaps it's because of my superficiality but if they were ugly, trust me they wouldn't be my friends. These girls are simply very lucky. I'm also not looking for excuses as to why I don't have a boyfriend & saying that I'm the best looking girl in the world. I am certainly confident enough however to feel that I'm what they call a "good catch". I just haven't found the right fisherman yet. Speaking of fisherman!...

Everyone asks me what my type is & as far as I'm concerned I don't really have one. The most common thread I find with guys who I genuinely care about is that they are tall & very good looking (although this is not absolute AS can be seen with a former habitual bad decision of mine.) But then I heard it! The description of my perfect man. Listen to the song "I'm still a Guy" by Brad Paisley & that's what I'm looking for! If you know anyone like this, pass my number along. A man's man. Someone who I am quite sure I will not find on the Isle of Staten. Someone Southern! Someone who might even be on a "Studs & Spurs" calendar. My heart belongs to a cowboy.

No comments: