Thursday, May 7, 2009

Smitten Kitten

Normally my baseball posts center around the Yankees but since they are so turrrible lately, they don't even deserve a mention, even with my Alex coming back tomorrow. What this baseball post will be about is none other then my boyfriend/future husband, Evan Longoria. It was love at first sight. You may think I am kidding but for some odd reason, I really think I have a legitimate chance of this actually happening.

I have him on my fantasy team, but he plays a much more prominent role in other fantasies of mine. It brings me back to when Alex was on the Mariners/Rangers because I would look forward to those games so I could see him. I think I may look forward to seeing my Evan more, though which is unheard of considering how much I love Alex. There's a new 3rd baseman in my life, I suppose. I don't even love him just because he's a baseball player, I really could care less about that. Believe me, I've had some very un-baseball related dreams about him. I am now following him on Twitter & like the freak-o that I am, I continue to send him @ messages in hopes that my unrequited love will soon be returned. I only sent 2 so I'm not a total stalker (not that he knows about anyway). He probably thinks I'm such a dork, if he thinks of me at all. I really want to say something witty to him that has nothing to do with baseball but I don't want to scare him off. I was thinking "You & my mom have the same birthday!" Like I said, dork.

On my dream day, the Yankees were playing the Rays so I peaked around a little but unfortunately I couldn't find him. I was too busy trying not to burst into hysterics to give it a real good look. It was still the beginning of our love then, so I really didn't feel as strongly about him as I do now. He's not even what most people would consider attractive, but clearly love is blind! Yes, he is a Tampa Bay Ray but Romeo & Juliet didn't have it easy either. At least he doesn't play for Boston, then we would really have a conundrum on our hands.

No comments: